Immigration Law

Specializing in Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Visas:

The law firm of AJK Law, PLLC is a full-service immigration law firm.  We serve a wide variety of organizations and individuals seeking short-term and long-term benefits under the existing immigration laws.  Our firm provides resourceful guidance and personalized attention to its clients and include the following services:

Family-Based Immigration:

The AJK Law firm provides assistance with temporary visas and permanent residence filings for immediate and non-immediate family members.  In addition, the firm handles complex adoption and waiver issues as they relate to family-based immigration.  Below is the list of family relationships considered immediate and those considered non-immediate.

Immediate Relative Immigrant Visa Categories

  • IR-1: Spouse of a US Citizen
  • IR-2: Unmarried Child Under 21 Years of Age of a U.S. Citizen
  • IR-3: Orphan adopted abroad by a U.S. Citizen
  • IR-4: Orphan to be adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. citizen
  • IR-5: Parent of a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old

Non Immediate Family Preference Immigrant Visa

  • F1: Family First Preference – Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their minor children.
  • F2: Family Second Preference – Spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters (age 21 and over) of LPRs.
  • F3: Family Third Preference – Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children.
  • F4: Family Fourth Preference – Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children, provided the U.S. citizens are at least 21 years of age.

Business (Employment-Based) Immigration

Our firm provides immigration solutions tailored to your specific business and professional needs. Employment Based Sponsorship is a multi-step process which requires time and planning. Mindful of the business consequences of immigration decisions, we strive to incorporate fully customized strategic planning and tactical advantages into immigration solutions for businesses, professionals and entrepreneurs.

Our multidisciplinary approach allows us to better serve our corporate and professional clients, whether they are seeking to transfer their executive- and management-level staff to set up and launch a new business venture or subsidiary office in the U.S.; whether they are investing in a new or existing U.S. company; or whether they are bringing their specialized training and expertise to the U.S. workforce.

  • B2/B2 Visa:  Business/Visitor
  • E Visa: Treaty Trader | Treaty Investor
  • EB1 Visa:  Outstanding Professor and Researcher
  • EB-5 Visa: Employment Creation | Investor
  • H1-B Visa: Specialty Occupation Worker
  • J Visa:  Exchange Visitor
  • L Visa: Multinational Executive and Manager
  • O Visa: Extraordinary Ability in Science, Education, Arts, or Business
  • Q Visa: International Cultural Exchange
  • TN Visa: North American Free Trade Visa for Canadians and Mexicans

Naturalization/Citizenship Services

Our firm represents individuals seeking U.S. naturalization/citizenship and an understanding of the process is important when applying, especially individuals with unique or comples issues.

What are the eligibility requirements for Lawful Permanent Residents/Green Card holders to file for U.S. Citizenship?

  • The applicant must be age 18 or older at the time of filing N400.
  • The applicant is a permanent resident (“green card” holder) with valid green card for a period of the past 5 years. If married to U.S. Citizen you may apply after 3 years with valid green card. One exception prevails – if an applicant has served in the United States armed forces during war, that individual may obtain US citizenship without first becoming a permanent resident if they were in the United States upon enlistment into the U.S. military
  • Applicants wanting to obtain US Citizenship must have maintained continuous residence in the United States for at least five years immediately preceding the applicant’s filing for citizenship with form N-400. Note: Continuous residence is not the same thing as physically being present in the United States.
  • The applicant must have resided at least three months at their primary residence within the state where the N400 is submitted before filing their US citizenship application.
  • The applicant must be able to read, write and speak ordinary English unless they are physically unable to do so due to a disability such as being blind or deaf, or suffer from a developmental disability or mental impairment. Note: Exemptions may apply for the following: Individuals over 50 years of age on the date of filing who have lived in the U.S. for a total of at least 20 years after admission as a permanent resident and those individuals who are over 55 years of age and have been legal permanent residents for at least 15 years are exempt from the English requirement.
  • An applicant applying for US citizenship must have a general knowledge of the fundamentals of U.S. history and government.
  • The applicant must be a person of good moral character and willing to abide by the principles of the U.S. Constitution.

Travel Visa & Passport Services